Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

To say that I have had a memorable 2012 is an understatement.  I have been through a lot of extraordinary situations this year.  There were good, fun and exciting times - so good that I had a lot of tears-of-joy moments.  There were also bad, disappointing and very trying times - so bad that I had to pinch myself to check that those moments weren't just nightmares.

This year, my husband and I had been very blessed to be able to realize our dream European adventure and spend the Christmas holidays with our families in the Philippines.  I have finally found the urge to conquer my fear of driving because of a traumatic experience and passed my Middle East driving exams on first take.  I have experienced desert safari for the first time with my elder brother, husband and friends in Qatar.  I've again been to places I've never been, am continuously surrounded by people I love and who love me and I have a good job in a state that is dominated by men.  I have a supportive and loving husband.  I have been very much blessed that a close friend tells me that I am "blessed in all aspects of life".  Hmm... I cry, too.  For countless times.  I lose.  However, I know a very powerful drug - hope.  

And now, as I bid goodbye to 2012, I welcome 2013 with a maximum dosage of hope.  I am hoping for more fun surprises from God in the coming year.  I am hoping to conquer more places, to learn how to play the violin, to spend more fun moments with friends and our families and learn new softwares.  I am hoping and praying for God to grant us our precious one.  I hope. :)

I wish to end this blog by sharing a very inspiring poem that I have read from one of my favorite blog sites:  www.travelifemagazine.com.

JUST FOR TODAY

Just for today, I will try to live through this day only,
and not tackle all of my life's problems at once.
I can do something for twelve hours
that would appall me
if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today, I will be happy.
I will remember what Abraham Lincoln once said:
"most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Just for today, I will try to strengthen my mind.
I will study. I will learn something useful.
I will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today, I will adjust myself to what is,
and not try to adjust everything to my own desires.
I will take my "luck" as it comes,
and fit myself to it.

Just for today, I will exercise my soul in three ways:
I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out.
I will do at least two things I don't want to do--just for exercise.
I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt.
They may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today, I will be agreeable.
I will look as well as I can,
dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, and criticize not one bit.
I will not find fault with anything
and I will try not to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

Just for today, I will have a program.
I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it.
I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for today, I will have a quiet half hour all by myself to relax.
During this half hour, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today, I will be unafraid.
Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful,
to have faith in the good,
and to believe that as I give to the world,
so the world will give to me.

A blessed new year to everyone. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Show some blog love and leave a comment, it's always good to hear from you. :)

Powered by Blogger.